Licence to use products
Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the products and material within the products. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You must not:
- Republish material from our products (including republication within other products);
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from our products;
- Show any material from the products in public;
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our products for a commercial purpose;
- Edit or otherwise modify any material within the products; or
- Redistribute material from our products except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution (such as our newsletter).
- Where content is specifically made available for redistribution, it may only be redistributed within your organisation.
You must not use our products in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the products or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the products; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use our products to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our products without our express written consent.
You must not use our products to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use our products for any purposes related to marketing without our express written consent.
Access to certain areas of our products is restricted. We reserve the right to restrict access to other areas of our products, or indeed to whole products, at our discretion.
If we provide you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of our products or other content or services, you must ensure that that user ID and password is kept confidential.
You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account or password.
You are responsible for any activity relating to our products arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential, and may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
You must not use any other person’s user ID and password to access our products, unless you have that person’s express permission to do so.
We may disable your user ID and password in our sole discretion without notice or explanation.
User generated content
Unless otherwise agreed contractually, you grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to us the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
- Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or us or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
- You must not submit any user content to the products that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
- We reserve the right to edit or remove any material submitted to our products, or stored on our servers, or hosted or published upon our products.
We do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the information published within our products; nor do we commit to ensuring that the products remain available or that the material on the products are kept up-to-date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our products and the use of these products (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
Limitations and exclusions of liability
- Limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- Limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- Limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law;
- Exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
- Are subject to the preceding paragraph;
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
Exclusion of third party rights
Law and jurisdiction
Registrations and authorisations
We are registered with the Recommended Agency Register. You can find the online version of the register at RAR Site.
Please find our full Terms and Conditions of business engagement here.
Please find our standard Service Level Agreement (SLA) here.
Our VAT number is 880 4730 17.
Any discrepancies relating to content and/or invoicing must be received by us within ten working days of publishing or dispatch.
The full name of our company is Switchstance Ltd.
We are registered in England & Wales under registration number 5752681.
Our business address is 2 Forncett Street, Sheffield, S4 7QD.
You can contact us by email via [email protected]